Pine Mountain Golf & Ski Resort Unmanned Aerial Drone Policy
Out of safety concerns for guests, employees and ski area property, as well as concerns for individual privacy, this ski area prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems, or drones, by the general public - including recreational users and hobbyists - without the prior written authorization from the ski area. This prohibition includes drones used for filming or videotaping, as well as any drone use by media or journalists operating above or within the ski area boundaries. This prohibition on drone operations or use extends to any drones launched or operated from the ski area boundaries, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the ski area boundaries.
Please contact Pine Mountain Resort (906) 774-2747 if you have any questions or for seeking prior authorization to operate any aerial drones.
Any authorized operation of aerial drones may be governed by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations, local law enforcement as well as those policies separately established by this ski area, which may include certification, training, insurance coverage, indemnification requirements, and waivers or releases of liability.
Any violation of this policy may involve suspension of your skiing or snowboarding privileges, or the revocation of your season pass, as well as confiscating of any drone equipment, and may subject violators to any damages, including, but not limited to, damages for violations of privacy and/or physical or personal injuries or property damage, as well as regulatory fines and legal fees.
Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Know the Code Safety Information
Terrain Park Safety